Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband is being held in stark county jail in Ohio bench…

Customer Question
My husband is being held...
My husband is being held in stark county jail in Ohio for a bench warrant from mahoning county jail forfaluiare to appear on a misdemeanor case his sentence was up at 8 am today in stark county how long can they hold him on this detainer holder for the other county
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/28/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Unfortunately, the Ohio code of criminal procedure does not specify how long your husband can be held before he must be transported to Mahoning County. Rule 4 Section (C)(1)(a) says this:

(a) If the warrant is issued after the defendant has made an initial appearance or has failed to appear at an initial appearance, the warrant shall command that the defendant be arrested and either of the following:

(i) That the defendant shall be required to post a sum of cash or secured bail bond with the condition that the defendant appear before the issuing court at a time and date certain;

(ii) That the defendant shall be held without bail until brought before the issuing court without unnecessary delay.

If he has representation on his Mahoning County case, you should call his lawyer, who can alert the prosecutor that he's in jail in Stark County so that they could do an order to produce him in Court and expedite his transfer.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD