Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is it legal artist or business to operate under the name…

Customer Question
is it legal for an...
is it legal for an artist or business to operate under the name utokian society, u know provided it's not already taken.? please note utokian society is just a mash up pun of utopia society and toking.
ok now lets add glass pipes to the mix, where does that put me now (i only ask because operation pipe dreams and the chong bongs incident.)
is it all bad news or is there a happy grey area somewhere in which i can operate, or would it only be tolerated in medical and recreational marijauna states?
when selling pipes online is it legal to request and accept an image of photo id along with video chats for age and identity verification?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
not as important but still a valid question as an artist do i need some sort of licence or permit to make these things and/or sell them.oh what are the major "do not's" in the pipe industry that should be aware of legally.
2/28/2016
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Is this your site?

yeah i had to take the pipes down though. As they are not permiitted transactions on stripe.

I do not see a problem with the name.

As to pipes, it is generally illegal to sell paraphernalia meant for smoking illegal substances. Which means you can legally sell "small pipes" but not "hash pipes".

What about age verification

The porn sites just ask people to click a button stating that they are over 18 so that should be adequate.