How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and I was involved in an incident in

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I was involved in an incident in MA.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was driving and a woman who had been driving terribly (speeding up, slowing down, making it impossible for me to pass or slow down to avoid her) and was on her phone with it visible to me, finally decided to merge into my lane while I was next to her and in full view of her. I was able to brake to avoid a collision, but just barely. I was upset and I moved right into the lane she was just in. I threw a paper cup that had leftover coffee from the morning in front of her car but it hit her car - I believe on the upper part of her hood but possibly reaching her windshield. I left the scene. I received a letter from a detective in the town in which this occurred asking me if I would come by to tell my side of the story. He didn't mention what - if any - charges had been made. What should I do?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, the only way to handle similar situation is to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney and to have this attorney contact police and attempt to resolve the incident, since such situation can in fact resolved in criminal charges (which could vary) and anything that a suspect in similar situation would say to the police, would only be used against the suspect.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.