Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** and I was involved in an incident in…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and I was involved in an incident in MA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was driving and a woman who had been driving terribly (speeding up, slowing down, making it impossible for me to pass or slow down to avoid her) and was on her phone with it visible to me, finally decided to merge into my lane while I was next to her and in full view of her. I was able to brake to avoid a collision, but just barely. I was upset and I moved right into the lane she was just in. I threw a paper cup that had leftover coffee from the morning in front of her car but it hit her car - I believe on the upper part of her hood but possibly reaching her windshield. I left the scene. I received a letter from a detective in the town in which this occurred asking me if I would come by to tell my side of the story. He didn't mention what - if any - charges had been made. What should I do?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/28/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, the only way to handle similar situation is to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney and to have this attorney contact police and attempt to resolve the incident, since such situation can in fact resolved in criminal charges (which could vary) and anything that a suspect in similar situation would say to the police, would only be used against the suspect.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.