Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do you find out when you get off probation when your…

Customer Question
How do you find out...
How do you find out when you get off probation when your probation officer will not tell you or will not give you a date or anything they just leave you hanging
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/27/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

At the time of your plea and sentencing, the term of your probation was put on the record. That's how long you're expected to do and the time would start to run from your sentencing date. If you don't remember how long you were ordered to be on probation, you can call the clerk of the court and he can get it from the computer.

There is sometimes a possibility that you can terminate your probation earlier, but generally that requires serving at least half of your sentence, staying out of further difficulty with the law and with probation, and owing no fines and fees. If you get to that point you can contact your lawyer and petition the judge for an early termination.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD