Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My 19 year old daughter is being accused of tting a womans…

Customer Question
my 19 year old daughter...
my 19 year old daughter is being accused of hitting a womans hand while driving out of a parking lot.the woman took a picture of my daughters license plate number.she reported to the police and now they are questioning my daughter. what kind of trouble could my daughter get into if she was not aware that she hit the womnas hand
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/26/2016
Criminal Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Lawyer

Good morning Christine,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was the woman physically injured?

2. Did your daughter and the woman have words before the incident? Did anything at all happen?

3. What is the woman saying as to how ONLY her hand was hit?

Doug

No words where exchanged
The woman is saying that my daughter was tailgating her into s parking lot so the woman parked and started taking pictures of my daughters car that's when she said my daughter gun out of the spot she was parked in and that's when her hand was hit. So far no mention of an injured hand.

You wrote: she said my daughter gun out of the spot she was parked in

Can you please explain what you mean by this? I'm trying to determine what part of your daughter's care struck this woman's hand.

Are you saying that the woman's hand was hit when your daughter opened her car door?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you and your daughter, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I have handled personal injury law during this entire time.

Doug

I see that you asked for a call. There is a glitch and I would ask you to contact customer service to arrange for the call. I will be happy to speak with you.

You can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

Good afternoon,

Have you been able to reach customer service to get the call issue straightened out? I am still here and available to call you.

Doug

Ely, Counselor at Law