How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27109
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Civil Rights Violations Police Miscondut Def. of Character

Customer Question

Civil Rights Violations
Police Miscondut
Def. of Character
Assistance Needed to file Private Criminal Complaint against the PoliceI have details that have to be explained but not enough room here
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for requesting me.

JustAnswer is not a law firm. Lawyers here can't file a complaint against the police for you as we are unable to actually represent customers. The terms of service and regulations of our bar associations do not allow it. What we can do is to provide you with general legal information to help you solve your problem.

With that understanding, please reply to this thread and let me know if there's any way that I will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can go about finding a lawyer to accept my case? Is there attorneys out there that take these cases on contingency basis.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but they are hard to find. Suits against agencies aren't as lucrative as other types of cases.

A lawyer will take a case on contingency only if he is confident that he will be able to win it and only if the amount of the award will be enough to justify the amount of time he needs to get the job done.

You can contact the Pennsylvania State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. If they can't direct you to someone, try a commercial service such as You may have to cast a fairly wide net. Many local lawyers don't like to go head to head with local agencies because they are afraid it will affect their practice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Conversation to be continued shortly
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relating to this topic and topic of Constables. I ran for Pennsylvania State Constable and got Elected in November 2015. A few weeks later I received my Election Certificate and was informed by my Union that I am now a Constable. On December 1st I signed up online for my Constable Basic Training Classes and given my Badge Number. Around the same time I purchased my Constable Car with Cage, Pennsylvania State Constable Police Plaque for the front bumper and rear window of the car, and my Constable Jacket that had 4 patches on it that said Constable and One Patch that said Police. Several days letter I receive a letter in the mail addressed to me Constable XYZ from the state. So I'm assuming that yes I am a Constable. A few days later I go to serve a lawsuit for an Attorney in a near by Muni. Which I have been doing for years as a Process Server and before that as a Constable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told to go to a Magisterial District Judges office to serve the lawsuit. Well there was supposed to be another lawsuit hearing going on there for this guy. Well he never shows up so I speak to the plaintiff who gives me an address in a near by borough that has accepted mail at. I went over to that house spoke to an occupant that lived there whiling having on my Jacket and having my Constable Car parked outside on the street. He told me the person who I'm looking for does not live there. And gave me no further information. I did tell him I was going to speak to a next door neighbor about the situation which I did. I spent 15 minutes in her house and she told me roughly the address where to serve the guy I was looking for. I then gave her my Constable Business Card and left. I then went out to my car for 15 minutes to do up some paperwork.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't think anything of it but 3 days later I got a call from an Muni Police Officer in this Boro who said the 1st person the guy at the door told him what I was wearing my Jacket and Jeans and what the plaques said on my car that I was a Constable Police. He also told him that he tried to get my license plate but I jumped in my car after speaking with him and sped away so he didn't get my plate number. Thus lying to the Muni. Police. She when the Muni. police Officer called me he said that he wasted 3 days of his time just to find out it was a Constable. She he yelled and screamed at me on the phone. We hung up I called my witness the neighbor to tell him the truth. She calls him tells him the truth he then calls me back more pissed off and again screamed at me. Next day I go up and show his partner case law that says that Constables are Constable Police. Therefore I thought everything was straighten out. Less then two weeks later the President Judge swears me in as a Deputy Constable for 1 week. That was December 29th. I still think everything is ok with me in this Muni. Two days later I have to serve something else on New Years Eve December 31st in this Muni. Without getting into the length details about that night they threatened to arrest me that evening seized the items I wore that night along with my plates violated my civil rights. Police Misconduct. Def. Of Character. Etc. The Police Chief attempted to bring criminal charges against me for that night for having from what I understand and hear the word Constable Police on my Jacket and Plates. From you and my Attorney have told me in the past we are because if the Galluze case. Now since I believe the Decemeber 31st situation is settled and can't arrest me because the District Attorney isn't going along with it they are trying to charge me from the Decemeber 17th first time I was in that Muni. What charges Unknown. But my question is do you think I did anything wrong the first time. I think what they are trying to say is that I was a Constable Elect and was out there acting illegally the first time. So bascially they are pulling at straws because they know they messed up in Decemeber 31st so they are trying anything to one remove me from Office because the Chief has it in for me. And also to save his hide from what he did wrong on December 31st. Also what right do they have to violate my 4th amendment right and still have my items and not release time back to me in over 9 weeks and try to use them to prosecute me from December 17th. I thought that they have to give them back to me and can't be used in court and should be inadmissible as evidence because they were seized illegally and against the constitution. I should have rights to protect in this case from the guy lying who started this straight through. Also I have been told the day I received my Election Certificate I was a Consty then some people say I was a Constable Elect. Which they say is all legal. Which j am confused by all this. Also there is so Constables in my County Sworn In some have been Elected been there 7 years and never sworn in. We were never told that we were required and had to get sworn in for this position. I hold other public elected positions and never got sworn in for them do this is all new to me. Please assist.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but this is well beyond the scope of what you told me you wished to know, which involved your getting representation to file a complaint. I will opt out and pehaps a Pennsylvania lawyer will pick it up, which may better serve your needs with this particular problem.