Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am adamant to prove my ex is guilty. We(my 11&5 yr old…

Customer Question
I am adamant to prove...
I am adamant to prove my ex is guilty. We(my 11&5 yr old son, have one neighbor as a witness to assault in the street.Photo evi of bruising.Distressing 999 call that my eldest son had to make(He's given video statement,day after) He threatened him & as he threw my phone & broke it,during assault.He pleaded Not Guilty but charged with criminal damage of cell door which he was immediately charged with in court.He's a first time offender and 18 years younger than me with lots of problems.I have a MARAC, injunction & non mol order in place.What would you imagine the sentence to be? i.M moving from district as he resides at his sisters address 300m proximity to my house to his bail address. court case 05/05.Need to move as petrified of re percussion's after court scentencing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/25/2016
Criminal Lawyer: jomo1972, barrister replied 2 years ago
jomo1972
jomo1972, barrister

The sentence for what?

Hi Jo
Thanks for your response. Charge is 2 x assault by battery and 3 x criminal damage.

What are the circumstances of the battery?

He punched me in the street twice. Neighbor gave a statement as she saw it happen. 2nd assault was in the house in front of my 11 & 5 yr old. He had me down on the floor in a choke hold. My son gave an interviewed statement. 999 call was made by my son as I couldn't phone being pinned down. Police say that the 999 call was very distressing and evidence of shouting & banging. Pictures of bruising the day after was done. I am involved with Domestic Abuse association as my children were at risk and for my safety I had to report this incident & give evidence.

Are you on the UK? What were your injuries? Bruises wouldn't disappear the day after if this were a full power punch. Bearing mind that most men can break a person's jaw with one punch.

british white citizen

Ok.

So what were your injuries?

Ely, Counselor at Law