How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 't think he is specialized in criminal law

Customer Question

I don't think he is specialized in criminal law
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to provide general information regarding your criminal issue.

What would your question or problem be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged with 8 counts felonies 4D in kansas in 2011, when can I be able to expunge this record. I have been charges but not convicted. how long and how much it takes to expunge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please answer me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have been charged $36, but got no response.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel a different professional here. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

As I understand your situation, you were arrested and charged but no conviction. In such a case, there is no time limit for when you can petition to have the records expunged.

You can review the Kansas statute in this regard at this LINK

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

And so you can consider checking with the clerk of the court in the county where the charges were alleged and request a packet of forms to Petition for Expungment of court records and the Sealing of any arrest records. If the court does not provide those forms, then you will need a local attorney who can draft the petition for you or you can try to draft it yourself.

Now, if I have misunderstood and you were convicted or given a diversion, then the statute at this LINK will apply and you would need to wait 5 years from the date of the completion of your total sentence, which would include the completion of any probation.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the wait in this response and if you have other questions or need to clarify your situation or need clarification on my response, please let me know here. Otherwise a positive rating here will ensure I get credit for my time.