Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I 't think he is specialized in criminal law

Customer Question
I don't think he is...
I don't think he is specialized in criminal law
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/25/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to provide general information regarding your criminal issue.

What would your question or problem be?

I have been charged with 8 counts felonies 4D in kansas in 2011, when can I be able to expunge this record. I have been charges but not convicted. how long and how much it takes to expunge
can you please answer me?
I already have been charged $36, but got no response.
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel a different professional here. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

As I understand your situation, you were arrested and charged but no conviction. In such a case, there is no time limit for when you can petition to have the records expunged.

You can review the Kansas statute in this regard at this LINK

And so you can consider checking with the clerk of the court in the county where the charges were alleged and request a packet of forms to Petition for Expungment of court records and the Sealing of any arrest records. If the court does not provide those forms, then you will need a local attorney who can draft the petition for you or you can try to draft it yourself.

Now, if I have misunderstood and you were convicted or given a diversion, then the statute at this LINK will apply and you would need to wait 5 years from the date of the completion of your total sentence, which would include the completion of any probation.

I apologize for the wait in this response and if you have other questions or need to clarify your situation or need clarification on my response, please let me know here. Otherwise a positive rating here will ensure I get credit for my time.