How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116834
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from wisconsin, i have been convicted of 5 owi felony.

Customer Question

i am from wisconsin , i have been convicted of 5 owi felony. where do i start to get my 2nd amendent rights you have the name and number of a lawer in wis. that could help me? thank you/Clarence...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem is that a pardon would be needed as WI law prohibits any convicted felon from possessing a firearm. So, you would have to file a petition for pardon with full restoration of rights, but the problem is that the WI governor has suspended all pardons so right now you cannot get your rights reinstated through a pardon until the WI Pardon and Parole board gets approval from the governor to begin taking applications again.
Without a pardon, I am afraid you would not be able to get your gun rights reinstated.

Related Criminal Law Questions