Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son has been charged 25850(C)(2) FEL C/L-FIREARM/STOLEN…

Customer Question
My son has been charged...
My son has been charged 25850(C)(2) FEL C/L-FIREARM/STOLEN F-ARM DISM PC
29800(A)(1) FEL FELON POSSESSING F/ARM I'm just checking to see if we can get his time reduce they gave him 4 and half years in prison
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/24/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Nate, Lawyer

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Because he was previously convicted of a felony, he will get 2 for 1 credit in California prison. That is, for every two days he serves, he will receive an additional day of credit. This is assuming he maintains good behavior and gets no write ups while in custody.

It is possible, if he maintains good behavior, that his sentence could be reduced by 1/ 3, which would mean release in about three years inside instead of serving the entire sentence.