How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been charged 25850(C)(2) FEL C/L-FIREARM/STOLEN

Customer Question

My son has been charged 25850(C)(2) FEL C/L-FIREARM/STOLEN F-ARM DISM PC
29800(A)(1) FEL FELON POSSESSING F/ARM I'm just checking to see if we can get his time reduce they gave him 4 and half years in prison
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Because he was previously convicted of a felony, he will get 2 for 1 credit in California prison. That is, for every two days he serves, he will receive an additional day of credit. This is assuming he maintains good behavior and gets no write ups while in custody.

It is possible, if he maintains good behavior, that his sentence could be reduced by 1/ 3, which would mean release in about three years inside instead of serving the entire sentence.