Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is a district attorney of a county a "covered official"?

Customer Question

is a district attorney of a county a "covered official"?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

For what purpose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made a political contribution to the District Attorney in my county and come to find out I am prohibited from making such a contribution. What my firm is trying to find out now is if the DA in St. Charles County (MO) is a "covered official". A covered official has something to do with "pay to play" rules.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

The term "covered official" would appear to be from some statute but I would have to know which statute you are referring to before I could discuss whether the DA is a covered official or not.