Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is a district attorney of a county a "covered official"?

Customer Question
is a district attorney of a county a "covered official"?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/22/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

For what purpose?

I made a political contribution to the District Attorney in my county and come to find out I am prohibited from making such a contribution. What my firm is trying to find out now is if the DA in St. Charles County (MO) is a "covered official". A covered official has something to do with "pay to play" rules.

The term "covered official" would appear to be from some statute but I would have to know which statute you are referring to before I could discuss whether the DA is a covered official or not.

Ely, Counselor at Law