How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3149
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

19 February 2016 05:33 Need help with legal issues in the

Customer Question

19 February 2016 05:33
Need help with legal issues in the following case:A Canadian commits a crime in Missouri (breaking and entering) and it is believed that he has committed a murder in Texas as well as in Canada. He is arraigned and pleads guilty for trespassing in Missouri. He is questioned by a Canadian police ... view fullI do believe that this is not legal. First of all the detective is from Canada and does not have jurisdiction in the US. Also, the Canadian committed a crime in the US and does not fall under the US laws; is this correct? Besides, he does not speak English, so on this basis, I am sure he can have his statement suppressed; is this right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reason this question is taking such a long time to be answered? Just curious. Thanks.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


The reason your question took a while before it could get a response is that you posted it at 3:50 AM on a weekend, when lawyers, like everyone else, tend to be asleep.

Please clarify the followiing:

Is he questioned by the Canadian authorities while in US custody for the trespassing case? Or was he questioned in Canada? As a result of this questioning, was he rearrested and charged with murder? In the US or Canada?

Related Criminal Law Questions