Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was in Memphis, TN at a fuel stop and had a confrontation…

Customer Question
I was in Memphis, TN...
I was in Memphis, TN at a fuel stop and had a confrontation with a security officer. He handcuffed me, physically injured me in an attempt to restrain me, identified himself as an off duty Memphis Police officer, and detained me for 2 hrs in a confined space. Police were called and upon arrival, told the guard, who was not a police officer that he had violated my civil rights, and detained me illegally. They then told me to leave the premises, which I did. I want to file suit for damages for violating my civil rights, and illegally detaining me for those two hours.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/20/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Ely, Counselor at Law