How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in Memphis, TN at a fuel stop and had a confrontation

Customer Question

I was in Memphis, TN at a fuel stop and had a confrontation with a security officer. He handcuffed me, physically injured me in an attempt to restrain me, identified himself as an off duty Memphis Police officer, and detained me for 2 hrs in a confined space. Police were called and upon arrival, told the guard, who was not a police officer that he had violated my civil rights, and detained me illegally. They then told me to leave the premises, which I did. I want to file suit for damages for violating my civil rights, and illegally detaining me for those two hours.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Related Criminal Law Questions