How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 555
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i be charged with stealing from my company without any

Customer Question

can i be charged with stealing from my company without any evidence that i did so
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: someone called a anonymous hot line saying i stole something they have no witness and have nothing but circumstantial evidence. can I be charded
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. Can you tell me what state you are in? Also, How did you find out about this anonymous accusation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pennsylvaniathe police officer told me
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

Did the police ask to speak with you? Have you spoken with them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i told them i dont know anything about it
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

I want to remind you of your Miranda Rights. You have the right to remain silent. You don't have to speak with the police. When you speak with them, they will use what you say as evidence against you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know thx
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

If the police spoke with you and did not arrest you, they probably don't have enough evidence to arrest you. The anonymous person could be a potential witness.

Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

That person who made the complaint to the hotline may come forward and may give a statement. This would be direct evidence. You may consider speaking to a lawyer to explain all of the circumstantial evidence they may have. Do you want me to give you a resource to find a lawyer in Pennsylvania?

Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

Please let me if you have more questions or need further information. If you are satisfied with my assistance, I ask that you rate me.