Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can i be charged with stealing from my company without any…

Customer Question
Can i be charged...

Can i be charged with stealing from my company without any evidence that i did so

Lawyer's Assistant: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

Someone called a anonymous hot line saying i stole something they have no witness and have nothing but circumstantial evidence. can I be charded

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. Can you tell me what state you are in? Also, How did you find out about this anonymous accusation?

Pennsylvaniathe police officer told me

Did the police ask to speak with you? Have you spoken with them?

i told them i dont know anything about it

I want to remind you of your Miranda Rights. You have the right to remain silent. You don't have to speak with the police. When you speak with them, they will use what you say as evidence against you.

I know thx

If the police spoke with you and did not arrest you, they probably don't have enough evidence to arrest you. The anonymous person could be a potential witness.

That person who made the complaint to the hotline may come forward and may give a statement. This would be direct evidence. You may consider speaking to a lawyer to explain all of the circumstantial evidence they may have. Do you want me to give you a resource to find a lawyer in Pennsylvania?

Please let me if you have more questions or need further information. If you are satisfied with my assistance, I ask that you rate me.