How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last week my ex-boyfriend and I had a family argument that

Customer Question

Last week my ex-boyfriend and I had a family argument that lead to assault on me. I called the constable to report the incident and explain the injuries inflicted. Because the injuries were not visible and my ex and his brother gave another story, they did not arrest him nor the DA accepted the case.
I immediately went to the ER to be viewed and have some type of record. The following day, the bruises were appearing and have been on my face and body for a week. I've been taking pictures of these bruises. I would like to know what course of action do I have when the initial complaint was not taken by the DA's office?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


I have read your comments but I don't see an actual legal question...


If you can post a legal question, I can help get you an answer..





Related Criminal Law Questions