PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Fairbanks I was a participating Idaho Medicaid Provider but

Customer Question

Fairbanks I was a participating Idaho Medicaid Provider but was terminated (without cause) by the Idaho Welfare Agency. Later, I unknowingly performed 6 minor dental fillings (1 surface each). The state paid for them but later pressed fraud charges that they were not done. Since I was terminated.....I believe I should only be asked by the state for a refund and not for the state to file fraud charges. The 2 patients at issue did not complain. The State of Idaho seems like the accuser. I need to examine the 2 patients or have other dentists examine the 2 patients but the state has forbidden me to contact or examine them at all. I do not understand this at all because I am hamstrung without an exam. I believe the state of Idaho should be compelled to produce the 2 patients.....plus as a terminated provider.....I believe the state only has administrative remedies (such as refusal to pay in the first place or to ask for a refund) but not for felony fraud charges for and amount under $360. please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I typed my response and now I
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.

***** ***** Fairbanks I was a participating Idaho Medicaid Provider but was terminated (without cause) by the Idaho Welfare Agency. Later, I unknowingly performed 6 minor dental fillings (1 surface each). The state paid for them but later pressed fraud charges that they were not done. Since I was terminated.....I believe I should only be asked by the state for a refund and not for the state to file fraud charges.

Response 1: That is correct.

The 2 patients at issue did not complain. The State of Idaho seems like the accuser. I need to examine the 2 patients or have other dentists examine the 2 patients but the state has forbidden me to contact or examine them at all. I do not understand this at all because I am hamstrung without an exam. I believe the state of Idaho should be compelled to produce the 2 patients.....plus as a terminated provider.....I believe the state only has administrative remedies (such as refusal to pay in the first place or to ask for a refund) but not for felony fraud charges for and amount under $360.

Response 2: It appears that you are doing this on your own. Regrettably, you would need an Attorney who handles welfare fraud defense to assist you in dealing with the State before this case gets bigger than it supposed to. You have legitimate concerns. You cannot properly defend yourself without the examination of the patients involved in your case. However, if the State is not allowing you to do this, you would need an Attorney to press your issue and protect your rights to due process.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org