Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

WHAT IS THE STATUE OF M LIMITATIONS VIOLENCE IN FLORIDA

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE STATUE...

WHAT IS THE STATUE OF M LIMITATIONS FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN FLORIDA

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I ONLY HAVE ONE PICTURE AND A COUPLE OF MESSAGE FROM OCT 2014, BUT THERE HAS BEEN MORE INCIDENTS SINCE THEM i JUST DONT HAVE PROOF I HAVE SOME TEXT WHERE HE HAS VERBALLY ABUSED ME

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/18/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the charge is a misdemeanor, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the event. If it is a felony, the statute of limitation is 3 years. http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/criminal-statute-of-limitations/florida/

I can't get the above link to work, but here's another one: http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/criminal-case-statute-of-limitations/FL-felonies-misdemeanors.htm

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!