Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My daughter has taken out a loan online using her partners…

Customer Question
My daughter has taken...

My daughter has taken out a loan online using her partners name. Has she committed a crime and what will happen if she reports herself to the police?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

All I know is that she says she filled in a form online using her partners name. He has found out because the loan company wrote him a letter about non repayment and he is very angry. She has not forged a signature.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/18/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What state is your daughter in?