Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter has taken out a loan online using her partners

Customer Question

My daughter has taken out a loan online using her partners name. Has she committed a crime and what will happen if she reports herself to the police?
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: All I know is that she says she filled in a form online using her partners name. He has found out because the loan company wrote him a letter about non repayment and he is very angry. She has not forged a signature.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What state is your daughter in?