Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I completed first offender program. And I had 1 other

Customer Question
felony, but was placed a...
I completed first offender program. And I had 1 other felony, but was placed a a pretrial diversion program. I never even made a plea. I also completed that program. Can I apply for a carry permit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/17/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling gun related legal matters. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

If you have never been convicted of a felony and have never been convicted of any crime of violence (even if a misdemeanor) then you are legally allowed to carry a firearm and are legally allowed to apply for and receive a concealed carry permit in Georgia.

The pretrial diversion should mean that you were not convicted. You may have to provide this paperwork when you apply for the permit though.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my response.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you had any other questions or comments. I want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks

Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer