Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im incarcerated in ...heading to oregon in may around the…

Customer Question
Im incarcerated in Washington...heading to...
Im incarcerated in Washington...heading to oregon in may around the 22nd- Oregon dept of corrections says my out date is 10-22-20
My court documents state everything is ran concurrent from August 1st 2010 for all charges that would put my out date for February 1st 2018. How do I get this fixed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/17/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did the Oregon court give you credit for time served in WA for the OR sentence?
all was ran concurrent
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, so this requires your attorney to file a Motion for Correction/Clarification of Sentence in the court in Wasco County and it will take that court to correct the sentence and release date based on the appropriate dates. The DOC will not do this on their own and make a correction, you would need the court to issue the order to DOC to adjust your release date. This is how you get the date adjusted, the court has to order DOC to correct it.