Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

To appeal a pretrial hearing judgement on suppressing blood…

Customer Question
To appeal a pretrial hearing...
To appeal a pretrial hearing judgement on suppressing blood evidence based on a warrantless blood draw is the appeal court named as the third party in the motion for leave?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/17/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No. One does not name the interlocutory court (i.e. appellate court) as a third party in a case motion. Ergo, if one is filing a Motion for Leave, the only parties are the Defendant and the State, just like in the original court.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law