Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In Santa Clara County Californis: charged with M (001) PC…

Customer Question
in Santa Clara County Californis...
in Santa Clara County Californis: charged with M (001) PC 242/243 (E)..what is that exactly?
.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/16/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This means a charge of domestic battery under California Penal Code Section 242-243(e). Depending on the seriousness of the case, this can either be a felony or misdemeanor. The "M" before the charge seems to imply that this is being charged as a misdemeanor, although this is text belonging to the local county system so it is hard to say.

For more, see HERE.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.