Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Why cant a person with a assault and battery 2nd degree

Customer Question
Hi , Why cant...

Hi , Why cant a person with a assault and battery 2nd degree misdemeanor get an expungement.?

Lawyer's Assistant: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

Yes about a year ago

Lawyer's Assistant: What advice did they give you?

It is on my wife's record from over 4 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

They said 2nd degree can not be expunged and I just dont get it.. it is a misdermeanor and she has a clean record other wise also college educated and cant get a job because of it!!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?

Why they treat a misdeameanor just like a felony is beyond me and it is totaly unfair

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/16/2016
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?

Ely, Counselor at Law