Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Alex, I am a soldier currently deployed in Afghanistan. A…

Customer Question
Hi Alex, I am a...
Hi Alex, I am a soldier currently deployed in Afghanistan. A friend of mine and I had an agreement that she could use my car until I got home as long as she paid me monthly. She stopped paying and I want someone to go pick it up. I gave power of attorney to someone and revoked her power of attorney. Can the person I gave power of attorney to go get the car?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/15/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Hello. My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. It would depend on what you wrote in the power of attorney. If you gave your friend power to take care of all of your business and personal affairs, your friend should be able to do this. Can you tell me what state you gave this Power of Attorney in? Also, can you scan and send me a copy of the Power of Attorney?

It's for the state of Michigan and yes do You have an email address I can send it to

Send it to***@******.***

Ely, Counselor at Law