Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a problem with my son in law who was living with me

Customer Question
Hello I have a problem...
Hello I have a problem with my son in law who was living with me with my daughter and grandchildren. He has a very violet temper and has gotten in my face. I told them they have to leave this was 2 weeks ago my daughter did not want to go. they came today to get some of their things and I could not find the lock to the shed so he got mad and porceeded to use a drill the lock open even after I told him to stop. It became an aguement. He has a crimal history he is on probation now I don't trust him and I am concerned
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not after today and living with this for a year and a half I also have hleath issues I need some peace of mind
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: well he has a felony and has a breatherlizer and also a ankle monitor he is verbal abuse to me my daughter and my grandson which is not his.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/15/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Good evening:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your issue. First, I am sorry to hear of the situation that you are currently in as a result of your son in law's issues.

After reading the information you have provided, I am still a tad unclear as to what type of information you are seeking or what your question may be. Could you please clarify the information you are seeking? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am wondering if I should file a resting order against him. I live alone and I do not trust him.

Thank you for that information.

That is what I was assuming you were inquiring into. Now, ultimately, the decision to seek a restraining order is yours and yours alone. From what you have provided, it may seem that you are somewhat worried about the ramifications that may follow and the consequences that may arise from a restraining order that may arise in relation to his pending probation, would this be correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but his probation does not bother me as he has gotten away with things he should not be doing. I just concerned with myself he broke into my stragedy shedtoday
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry my cell is doing auto check

When an order of protection is taken out against an individual, it is only a civil remedy. What this means is that there are no adverse legal consequences in having an order of protection taken out against an individual (unless a) a criminal action is charged as a result of the procurement of the order of protection, i.e., battery or assault or b) violating the order of protection).

When someone is placed in a position of being harassed, abused or neglected, that individual is authorized to obtain an order of protection. There does not have to be any physical contact in order to obtain the protection order, there only needs to be conduct that puts the individual seeking the order in a position of fearing for their safety as a result of the harassment, abuse or neglect.

Again, the order of protection is a civil remedy. So, if one were to obtain or seek an order of protection against an individual who is on probation, the person on probation would generally not be punished (unless there was a separate incident that gave rise to the order of protection that is criminal in nature like hitting, etc).

As an aside, if you received a "phone call" request, please be advised that it is automatically done by the website and not offered by me, so you may ignore that.

Do you have any follow up questions based on what I have provided?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you. You have answered my question.

I am glad I have been of assistance.

If you do have questions based on what I have provided, please do not hesitate to ask and I would be happy to answer at no additional cost.

If not, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate my assistance as experts here are only credited after this. Your cooperation in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer