Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I need to sue the police department TPD Tampa Police

Customer Question
Department and sue the officer...
I need to sue the police department TPD Tampa Police Department and sue the officer directly, what do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/14/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What are you seeking to sue for, since under FL law the police department and officers are protected by statutory immunity from civil suit with very narrow exception?
Have you sought out an attorney, since FL courts are very much against pro se litigants?