Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a warrant arrest in a misdemeanor child abuse

Customer Question
I have a warrant for...
I have a warrant for my arrest in a misdemeanor child abuse case...will i go to jail?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/10/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. In such a situation, the authorities will want to take the Defendant in to process them. So yes, this means going to local county jail to be fingerprinted, etc. One can then quickly bond out (often this is pre-planned using a bail bondsman and if so, one can bond out within 24 hours most of the time of the bail can be afforded) and then one goes to Court for the matter.

If one cannot afford the bail money, then one stays in jail awaiting the end of the case.

Finally, whether or not the Court orders incarceration as part of a sentence if the person is found guilty is of course up to the Court.

Good luck.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Ely, Counselor at Law