Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is 70yr sentence a fair sentence guns and meth in your

Customer Question
Is 70yr sentence a fair...
Is 70yr sentence a fair sentence for having guns and meth in your possession. Individual was parked on private property when police approached and started asking questions and wanted to search car and person without search warrant. Person had no record of selling drugs but for having guns. Refused offer of 10 yrs. opted for Jury Trial.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/4/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Did this person have any prior convictions? If so, for what? Under what sections of the Texas Penal Code was this person convicted? If convicted of more than one count, did his sentences run concurrent or consecutively? Has he appealed his conviction?

Ely, Counselor at Law