Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a question. Why would the police impound a vehicle…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question. Why would the police impound a vehicle and place a hold on it where the owner can not pick it up. Someone else was driving the vehicle and that individual was arrested.

Lawyer's Assistant: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No, I can't afford a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?

My son's girlfriend took his vehicle without his permission and was pulled over on her street by police. I don't know why. She has no license, 2 DUI's and a warrant for arrest for something in her past. She also had marijuana on her.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Lawyer

Good afternoon,

I'm ****, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was she arrested for car theft?

2. Was she only arrested for the driving on a suspended and the pot and the outstanding warrant?

3. Did your son ever file a stolen vehicle report?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Ely, Counselor at Law