Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do you know what is the fee process in criminal case? The…

Customer Question
hi, do you know what...
hi, do you know what is the fee for appeal process in criminal case?
The person is in jail in desmoines, iowa since january 14, he was senteced 25 years, he thniks this is unfair because he only have a mideamenor, he charge for credit card fraud.
Please he need helps, because he doesn't know what he needs to do for start his appeal process
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Actually for incarcerated Defendants, the Court normally waives the filing fees in appeals.

For a step by step appeal process in Iowa, see HERE. Needless to say that he would have to file while incarcerated, which actually is still possible.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Hello again. I am checking in because you have not rated positively. To me this means you may have another question. Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law