Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My husband's son was incarcerated over this past weekend on

Customer Question
domestic violent charges. He was...
my husband's son was incarcerated over this past weekend on domestic violent charges. He was released on his own recognizant. He had a court appearance yesterday where he plead not guilty and his next court appearance is February 16th. He doesn't have any priors and nothing on his record. is it possible that the charges can be dropped? We plan on getting an attorney but what can we do to plan for this next court appearance? What are we potentially faced with?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) How old is he?

2) What of the alleged victim - are they on "his side," or not? Also who is it - his wife, girlfriend, etc?
3) What did he allegedly do, i.e. hit her, etc? How bad was the injury?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
his age is 28, the alleged victim is his wife. they had been drinking and ended up at a friends house. They were playing around and she didn't like it. She bit him and then he pushed her, she slugged him in the head which left a gash/blood and then he shoved her. He left and walked to their home( two doors down). she came a few minutes later and they started arguiing, she said that she wanted a divorce and was going to take their little girl and go. he said no, it's raining out and you are not taking our daughter anywhere. (was 2 am ) she wanted to leave and he didnt want her to leave with their daughter. the daughter didn't have any clothoes on except a tshirt and diaper. She called his mom and was screaming at her telling her to tell the son to let her leave. he then g

Thank you.

Your reply was cut off after "he then g...."

Was there more?

Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.
Ely, Counselor at Law