Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

, I have to take a level 2 Background check City. I own…

Customer Question
I have to take...

I have to take a level 2 Background check for the City. I own my own business and do camps with kids. Im contracted through the city. I have been doing the program with the city for 8 years and know they want me to take level 2. I have a Judication withheld felony from over 15 years ago. Section 810 will this affect me?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Are you asking whether this will turn up on a level 2 background check? The answer is that yes, it should unless you formally had it expunged, assuming you were eligible to do so. However, if it does show up, it should show up as an arrest and a dismissal.

It was Adjudication withheld and i received 3 years probation this was over 15 years ago. Is that the same as dismissal?

It won't show as a conviction because the conviction was never filed with the court. So while it's not really the same as a dismissal, it allows you to truthfully say that you have never been convicted of a felony.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD