Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

, I have to take a level 2 Background check City. I own

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have to take a level 2 Background check for the City. I own my own business and do camps with kids. Im contracted through the city. I have been doing the program with the city for 8 years and know they want me to take level 2. I have a Judication withheld felony from over 15 years ago. Section 810 will this affect me?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking whether this will turn up on a level 2 background check? The answer is that yes, it should unless you formally had it expunged, assuming you were eligible to do so. However, if it does show up, it should show up as an arrest and a dismissal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was Adjudication withheld and i received 3 years probation this was over 15 years ago. Is that the same as dismissal?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

It won't show as a conviction because the conviction was never filed with the court. So while it's not really the same as a dismissal, it allows you to truthfully say that you have never been convicted of a felony.