Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** and me and my friends were sitting in…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and me and my friends were sitting in the car then cops pulled up and said it smelled like weed so they searched the car (im 19 and the driver is 17 and we had a 20 year old in the back) they found half oz in the driver car door. The cops didn't find nothing on me or the back passenger. the driver told the cops it was his so then 30min later they handcuff me and say im getting charged with possession of weed and smoking with a kid. so they let the driver go and back passenger of the car go. I never been in trouble with law before so im scared im going to go to jail for something that isn't mine. I would like to know what could happen

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes they asked to searched my car but we was not even in there so I let them and they still didn't find nothing on me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

In what US state are you?