Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was at DMV today my friend was in the car and i was in dmv…

Customer Question
I was at DMV today...
I was at DMV today my friend was in the car and i was in dmv yhe cops came to the car and ask him to step out i walked out and the asked me to step over and talk the than began to tell me the car is stolen at the end of it all the cops didnt give me ANY info to get my car back or to find out whats going on and no one went to jail now the whole time the didnt search is put is in cuffs or anything like that and its my car its not stolen and i looked up the vin and its not reported stolen now when its a GTA we should have went to jail and the cop wouldn't give me any imgo at ALL please tell me whats wrong with this picture i dont know what to do now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
There is a lean on the car could that be it
2/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was your vehicle towed away?

Did you contact the police department for the information?

Who is the lien holder and if it is a auto loan company are you delinquent on any payments?