How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118123
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Charge: Article: TA Sec:16 Sub-Sec:101 Para:A Code

Customer Question

Charge: Article: TA Sec:16 Sub-Sec:101 Para:A Code
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This is a pretty common occurrence where people think that just because they have an international license once they get a state permit that they can ignore the permit restrictions and drive on their international license, but this is not the case. In most cases this is deemed driving without a license if you were violating the permit restrictions. Typically, your attorney will negotiate this down to a license not in possession or some other lower offense OR they will get you a "deferred adjudication" which is where you pay the $200 or so in fines and if you commit no other violation in 6 months they will dismiss the ticket and not report it to motor vehicles for a possible suspension of your permit.

That is likely the way your case will go, as 99% of them go that way.