Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Charge: Article: TA Sec:16 Sub-Sec:101 Para:A Code

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/31/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This is a pretty common occurrence where people think that just because they have an international license once they get a state permit that they can ignore the permit restrictions and drive on their international license, but this is not the case. In most cases this is deemed driving without a license if you were violating the permit restrictions. Typically, your attorney will negotiate this down to a license not in possession or some other lower offense OR they will get you a "deferred adjudication" which is where you pay the $200 or so in fines and if you commit no other violation in 6 months they will dismiss the ticket and not report it to motor vehicles for a possible suspension of your permit.

That is likely the way your case will go, as 99% of them go that way.