How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have the right to see my T-Raz evaluation results? I am

Customer Question

Do I have the right to see my T-Raz evaluation results? I am unjustly being referred to inpatient. I don't believe this is fair or accurate. I believe this is what the PO wants. There are a lot of details involved. Can you please call me at **********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was arrested Nov. 2013; pulled over for expired registration. Pulled into a Kroger parking lot in my neighborhood. I was not placed under arrest, simply told I could not drive the car with ex reg. The cop gave me the opportunity to call my mom and my sis who live blocks from me and the Kroger to come get my car to avoid towing charges. The tow driver got there within 5 min. and cop said he was proceeding with inventory but would give me a ride home. Asked if there was anything in my car that was illegal. I said no. Never asked consent to search my car or my purse which should have been given to me bc the cop was going to take me home and I was not under arrest. He inventoried car and searched my purse and found half gram of meth. Then placed me under arrest. Never had consent to search it. Not only that, the police report was filed, charging me as Angela "Brown" my name has NEVER been Brown - it's Bryan. They also said I was in a 2007 VW Golf. It was a 2008 VW Rabbit. I had a court appt. atty. I was dumb. He said he would take it to trial in the beginning. I even provided him all the case law to back me up. By visit 4 he said he could not win the case and if I didn't want to have a drug conviction I needed to sign for 2 years probation. I was scared. I accepted. Should've been thrown out. I got screwed. Fast forward to March 2015, I had been out of work a year bc no one wants to hire a paralegal (i've been a civil lit. paralegal over 15 years) with my record. I was collecting used furniture, fixing it up and selling it to support myself. Got caught stealing supplies to do this from Walmart - under $100. Violated propbation. Spent 52 days in jail. Got NO credit for this. Went completely straight and narrow - got my life together. Then slipped in Sept. and once in Nov. Now they want to throw me into inpatient when I'm finally on my feet. What can I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been working for the Vethan Law Firm and have a great job. My PO has not tested me since Nov. and I have been clean. Not fair to strip me of EVERYTHING when finally on my feet. Anyone can get sober in a confined space. I need help coping with things that go wrong. I have tried to be proactive and taken control. Checked myself into outpatient last week in hopes of getting my judge to allow me to continue with it. I see him Feb. 15
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to answer your questions.

Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

I have a few questions. I need this information to help guide you.

1) What county is your probation being supervised in?

2) Were you sentenced in a Texas Drug Court and were you sentenced to intensive supervison?

3) Is the court or PO saying they want to put you in a "ISF" or SATF inpatient program?

4) Were you convicted of a Felony or misdemeanor? - with 1/2 gram possession you could have received 2 years in prison.

5) Are they offering you a dismissal if you complete this program successfully?

Related Criminal Law Questions