Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A person plead guilty to a DUI and class 6 felony

Customer Question
endangerment, and was subsequently convicted...
A person plead guilty to a DUI and class 6 felony endangerment, and was subsequently convicted in 1990. In the same year, the class 6 felony endangerment was designated a class 6 misdemeanor upon successful completion of behavior modification and probation, and the payment of all fines. This person was able to have the convictions successfully set aside in 2012. How must the person answer questions regarding this conviction on applications for employment and institutions of higher learning? For example: Have you ever been arrested, indicted, or convicted of anything other than a minor traffic violation? The available answers are "yes" and "no".
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/29/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

I have a few questions, the answers to which may allow for more accurate information.

You mention you initially pled guilty to the endangerment. Did you plead guilty to the DUI as well?

If so, were both convictions vacated?

If not, which conviction was vacated and which remains outstanding?

Has there been any expungement or sealing of these offenses?

Ely, Counselor at Law