Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Kesha.... i had one of my good friend move in with me and my…

Customer Question
Hello kesha.... i had...

Hello kesha.... i had one of my good friend move in with me and my son for a couple months. i got noticed from the leasing office i was in violoation of my lease. i told the good friend i cant lose my apartment and that you will have to leave. she left gather all her things over a coarse of two weeks. a month and half later she tried to use her key to get in but i already changed the locks. she texted me saying that she left a bag of shoes. i told her i didnt see any bag of shoes and told her i will check my storage also. found no shoes. however upon moving in the first week the good friend gave me 4 pair of shoes. after moving out and all need extra cash for storage fees. so i sold some shoes and clothes at platos closet. the store state that these items have been reported stolen. three pairs of shoes that the good friend gave me and a couple of clothes that i couldnt fit i was selling. cops came and said these are reported stolen. i get my summons and it states that theft 1000-10,000. the three pair of shoes that i went to platos closet to sell the ones she gave me cost 60 dollars each. how did i even get a charge just of what she only said? i have no priors im a single mother , full time job, and in grad school. this is classified as a felony

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I just did above

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/29/2016
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. This depends on the state...what state are you in?

Ely, Counselor at Law