Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Kesha.... i had one of my good friend move in with me and my

Customer Question
hello kesha.... i had one...
hello kesha.... i had one of my good friend move in with me and my son for a couple months. i got noticed from the leasing office i was in violoation of my lease. i told the good friend i cant lose my apartment and that you will have to leave. she left gather all her things over a coarse of two weeks. a month and half later she tried to use her key to get in but i already changed the locks. she texted me saying that she left a bag of shoes. i told her i didnt see any bag of shoes and told her i will check my storage also. found no shoes. however upon moving in the first week the good friend gave me 4 pair of shoes. after moving out and all need extra cash for storage fees. so i sold some shoes and clothes at platos closet. the store state that these items have been reported stolen. three pairs of shoes that the good friend gave me and a couple of clothes that i couldnt fit i was selling. cops came and said these are reported stolen. i get my summons and it states that theft 1000-10,000. the three pair of shoes that i went to platos closet to sell the ones she gave me cost 60 dollars each. how did i even get a charge just of what she only said? i have no priors im a single mother , full time job, and in grad school. this is classified as a felony
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just did above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/29/2016
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. This depends on the state...what state are you in?

Ely, Counselor at Law