Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am starting a company and I wanted to know if you new what…

Customer Question
I am starting a company...
I am starting a company and I wanted to know if you new what the laws where in Michigan for tags on stuffed collectables not childrens toys
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/27/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. I will help you with your questions today. When you say "tags on stuffed collectables" what do you mean? Tags showing materials? Prices?

I want to create a company similar to one that has gone out of business. I notice these adult stuff collectibles have a permit number on them. The company was sited for the tags being wrong. South Carolina does not have a tag law. Does Michigan? The tag reads not intended for children.
states new material only
in compliance with the upholstered and stuffed article act. permit reg # ***** and then pa5574
context fiber fill polyester pellets 100% crushed walnut shell
Are you there? I paid 79.00 for this?
hello

I am working on your question and found some information for you. Just a minute.

What kind of lawyer should I contact?

Detroit, MI has a label law is to inform the consumer of the hidden contents, or “filling materials” inside bedding & furniture products. The law label was born in the early 1900s to prevent these articles from being further manufactured with contents such as horse hair, corn husks and whatever else a manufacturer could find to use that the consumer would never see. It’s similar to food labeling.

Law Labels must describe the filling materials of the article as a percentage of those filling materials by weight. Example: 80% Polyurethane Foam, 20% Polyester Fibers.

I will get you that information in a few minutes.

What is the permit number for? Label size? wood you know if this company has a paton?

Would these be considered 2nd hand products?

brand new
big stuffed angels santas reindeers company went out of business after 40 years
New
I am disputing my credit card this is a scam

You have not paid anything. You don't pay anything unless you are satisfied. I am doing research. If you want me to give your question to another expert, I will opt out. If you want me to continue, let me know.

Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR. Your previous expert opted out of continuing working with you because you refused to give them time to properly research the answer to your questions. Answering your questions is not an instantaneous process and your lack of patience and comments to the expert who was going to do the research was a bit unfair to them. However, if you want faster answers, you are free to contact customer service and get your refund and go to a local attorney with your questions. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding on how this service works, but if you are willing to wait for an expert to take time to research to give you a proper answer then an expert would have done that for you.