How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I let someone drive my vehicle, I am the registered owner.

Customer Question

I let someone drive my vehicle, I am the registered owner. it turns out he only had a drivers permit. He is 18. vehicle registered and insured. they wrote me a ticket for a misdemeanor 14604(a). My vehicle is in impound, with a 30 day hold, i need it for my work and family, but the police and impound will not release it to me the registered owner
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Happened in V*** Ca**** , yesturday I have a drivers license
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $1**8 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

My name is Co**. I**** have been an attorney for 26 years. Once you secure your deposit I will help you with your questions.