Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

1987-DUI in VA while moving to CA; 1991-licensed in CA;

Customer Question
2013-while renewing license, found I...
1987-DUI in VA while moving to CA; 1991-licensed in CA; 2013-while renewing license, found I have a FTA that is 27 yrs.
old; have had paralegal do required paperwork, but to no avail; attorney must be able to practice in VA and CA; been sober since 2011. Help, please! Advice, referrals, anything welcome! Thank you! Kim V*****Fr**** Park, CA 93225 (661) 245-****kim**********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/27/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

My name is C***** Gr****. I have been an attorney for 2* years. I will help you with your questions and look for referrals as well. Just so I understand your problem completely I would like you to clarify the following questions:

1) Is the Failure to Appear (FTA) in California? Is it in VA?If so, what was the FTA for? What county? What is the name of the court?

2) When you mention the counselor/therapist was to give you a "UA", what are you ref****to? What state is this? Is this for the DUI in V******?

3) Please explain why you had a telephone appointment with the VA judge and where it was cancelled.

4) When you indicate going from Frazier Park to the next city, why would you go there and for what purpose I do not understand how this fits in.

5) Are you trying to get a final resolution in your VA case for DUI? If so, what is the name of the court that is handling this?

Once I have your responses, I will research and give you a complete response. Thank you.

Ely, Counselor at Law