Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My wife was ticketed over, the officer smelled marijuana and

Customer Question

my wife was ticketed for 5 over, the officer smelled marijuana and asked her about it,she was honest and admitted to a small amount. she has to appear before a probation officer on thurs 1-28 and a judge on 2-22.should we hire a lawyer at this point.she has a clean record but we are not sure what to expect
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Did your wife admit to possessing a small amount of marijuana in the car, or did she admit to smoking a small amount of marijuana before she started driving? Do you know what she's specifically charged with, other than the speeding ticket?