Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm researching an article on a defendant in a Pennsylvania.

Customer Question
Hi there. I'm researching...

Hi there. I'm researching an article on a defendant in a Pennsylvania. The court docket lists the status as Inactive and was just filed late last week. What does this mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

District Court. Assorted drug offenses. No arrest date given however there us an offense date given last fall.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/25/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

If a case is inactive, it is not on the court calendar. Whether that's because it is too new, because the defendant has warranted, or because the DA has dismissed the charges I could not possibly say. But you could call the clerk of the court and ask when the matter will be on the calendar. If the case has been dropped, he or she should tell you.