Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My name is ***** *****. Is a family member caused damage to…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is ***** *****. Is a family member caused damage to a hotel room, could she be charged with disorderly conduct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sorry if not is

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/24/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

In what US state did this take place?

Usually damage to a hotel room would be handled civilly rather than criminally. For criminal charges to be pressed, the state would have to believe that your family member intentionally caused the damage.

In most states, the deliberate destruction or defacing of property would be charged as vandalism or criminal mischief rather than disorderly conduct. But it's possible that the disorderly conduct statute would cover something like this as well.

If you give me the name of your state and some facts about the incident, I can be less general. Also left me know if the family member has been charged with a crime or whether you are just concerned that she may be. Please reply here to this question thread so that we keep all the information related to this together.