Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My name is ***** *****. Is a family member caused damage to

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is ***** *****. Is a family member caused damage to a hotel room, could she be charged with disorderly conduct?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry if not is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

In what US state did this take place?

Usually damage to a hotel room would be handled civilly rather than criminally. For criminal charges to be pressed, the state would have to believe that your family member intentionally caused the damage.

In most states, the deliberate destruction or defacing of property would be charged as vandalism or criminal mischief rather than disorderly conduct. But it's possible that the disorderly conduct statute would cover something like this as well.

If you give me the name of your state and some facts about the incident, I can be less general. Also left me know if the family member has been charged with a crime or whether you are just concerned that she may be. Please reply here to this question thread so that we keep all the information related to this together.