How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is what I wrote to an online Law Professional, To whom

Customer Question

This is what I wrote to an online Law Professional,To whom it may concern,The police have failed to contact me over crimes that have been committed against me. I want to contact that police department directly in an email. What should I say? How should I begin the correspondence? Should I provide them with my phone number? Should I start by asking them if they know me? Can they lie to me? If so, what is my recourse?In addition, I would like to contact my U.S. senator’s office over this. I have been informed that my U.S. senator’s office knows of these issues involving the police (over their failure to inform me). From what I understand, they have known for quite some time. Have they breached their oath of office by not contacting me? Can the email you help me compose include this correspondence?This was his response,Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.In general, police agencies ignore emails and if that is how you have been trying to contact them, this is why you are getting no response. In order to get the police to respond to you, it requires you to actually go into their station. If the officer who you meet with at first will not investigate your claims, you then can return and speak to the sergeant or the station commander about your situation and they will find out why nothing is being done and explain it to you.The police can lie to people, they do so all the time and according to the court it is not illegal for them to do so. Thus, if you ask the police if they known you, they can say they do not even if they do, but in most cases they will not know you.Your US Senator is not the one to call if you have an issue with the local police. You need to contact your state senator and ask him to look into it if you get no satisfaction and response when you physically go to the police station and make your complaint to them and then follow up to the station commander or sergeant if the officers will not investigate.Now, I still want to write the letters anyway. Can you construct two short letters for me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your question. I am afraid you need to go back and read our terms of service you agreed to. We are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site, meaning we cannot write letters for anyone. You can write your own letters and we would be glad to read them and suggest ways for you to make them better, but we cannot write them for you and I sincerely ***** ***** that.