Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I need to find out a few answers about my fiance that was

Customer Question
arrested last night? Can you help...
I need to find out a few answers about my fiance that was arrested last night?
Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Hello. My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. I will help you with your questions.

Can you tell me what court in Nebraska he was charged? What was the charge?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My fiance was arrested last night on about 10 mdifferent charges! And we do not understand why! But I right at this moment would like to find out what he could be looking at?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nemaha County

Do you have the charges?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on disability and do not have any money to pay this right now! How can I do this?

Yes. I will help you.

What are the charges? I will help guide you without payment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Domestic assault (misdomeator), False Imprisonment,Domestic assault(3 times),assualt(misdeameanor), strangulation(felony),terroristic threats(felony)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you help me with all of this?

Do you any of the facts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like what?
\

Yes. I can give you the possible sentences if found guilty of these charges. I need to know if someone was injured, what threats were made and if he has a prior record

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
His name is William *****! And I do not have the money to pay for a phone call!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am gunna have to do this on here!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on disability and do not have any money to even pay my water bill! Please help me???

No phone call. Just type answers. That is an automatic thing on this website.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

I told you you don't have to pay. Just ignore the request for a phone call

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
noproblem, what all do you need to know?

What court is he in? or jail? Was anyone injured?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nemaha county jail, Nebraska. and as far as we all know, nobody was hurt!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just need to know how long he could be looking at!

OK. Does he have prior convictions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1, DUI
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
at least that is all I know about!

For terror threat he faces:

• Class IIIA felony – up to 5 years in prison or a fine up to $10,000, or both
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what else? I am so scared!!!

Same for the Domestic Violence Stragulation

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, next

Same for False Imprisonment

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OMG, this isn't good! We are suppose to get married next month

The felony assault is the same.

Does he have an attorney? Public defender?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
his family is working on that right now!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What could he get for Domestic assault?

I recommend that the family and you attend court any time the case is on. This shows the court about his supports.

The domestic assault is the same if charged as a felony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, so basicly you are telling me that he could be looking at anything from 20 to 30 yrs??? Plus fines?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we will be at all of his courts! I thank you very much!!! You are greatly appriciated!!!

Many times the court runs sentences "concurrently". So each level crime came out of the same event and the court may sentence a max of 5 years plus the fine total. However, the court could run them consecutively which means one after the other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, Thank you very much!

You are welcome. Good luck!

Ely, Counselor at Law