Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was in an car accident and the other driver was cited at

Customer Question

Customer: I was in an car accident and the other driver was cited at the scene of the accident for failing to yield. She told her insurance however she didn't receive a citation. I confirm with the police station that she was definitely cited but I am concerned about her lies. Is there anything I can do to protect myself?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was driving down a one lane one way street the other driver was exiting a parking lot where you have to turn left onto the one way street and smashed into my car.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You really have nothing to worry about. A citation is a public record. There is no way to hide it. If a citation was issued the insurance company will find out. In other words, it is not something which the other driver can conceal from the insurer.