Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was in an car accident and the other driver was cited at…

Customer Question
I was in an...

I was in an car accident and the other driver was cited at the scene of the accident for failing to yield. She told her insurance however she didn't receive a citation. I confirm with the police station that she was definitely cited but I am concerned about her lies. Is there anything I can do to protect myself?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was driving down a one lane one way street the other driver was exiting a parking lot where you have to turn left onto the one way street and smashed into my car.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/23/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

You really have nothing to worry about. A citation is a public record. There is no way to hide it. If a citation was issued the insurance company will find out. In other words, it is not something which the other driver can conceal from the insurer.