How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27436
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My cousin in minnesota has a anger issue and has drinking

Customer Question

My cousin in minnesota has a anger issue and has drinking problems her pontold her she can not get in anymore bar fights or she will go to jail. she has 3 kids at home and one is a new born disable and i dont want to see her lose her kids she has mental problems she gets to mad and this female at the bar threw a drink on her and started dancing on her man they fought and she ended up breaking her nose and now the women is pressing charges is their anything she can do to testify against this or at least get house arrest on some agreement of going to anger classes and alchol classes??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Has she been charged with assault yet? Is she on probation or parole?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has a PO
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

For probation or parole? It makes a difference, because parole will violate just for an arrest and probation will generally wait to see what happens with the new case. You also haven't told me if this person has been charged yet or whether he just believes that this person will press charges. With a broken nose, this charge would likely be a felony as well.