How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27056
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Not sure if I should go this route regarding

Customer Question

Customer: not sure if I should go this route regarding confidentiality. here goes. I am seeking to know if I have a listed felony record dating back to crimes committed back in 1963?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was considered a juvenile in the state of ct back then as law mandated such until reaching the age of 21.........i was 20 i was sent to a reform school for boys
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for requesting me,

I would have no way to check your Connecticut record as lawyers here can't be retained and I don't have access to the Connecticut data base.

Juvenile records in your state are confidential for most purposes unless there is a Superior court order. The exceptions are listed in this statute in Subsection(b)

Juvenile adjudications are not convictions and if an application only asks about convictions, would not have to be disclosed. I suspect that whether or not you must disclose your juvenile adjudication is behind your question. If so, tell me what you're applying for and give me the wording of the question and I can expand this answer.