Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was arrested on august 12,1994 in Milwaukee,wi charged

Customer Question

I was arrested on august 12,1994 in Milwaukee,wi charged with disorderly conduct.......sentence to 18months probation. I moved to south in 2000 and had a hard time finding employment...finally last week a employer told me my background came back as dv-battery charge in Milwaukee,wi 1994. I called and received final disposition and its says "disorderly conduct " but someone from Milwaukee police/court system enter into the national fbi system as being dv battery....I suffer major damaged to my work history,name...cant get weapon permit ect.....
do I have a case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was the original charge DV-Battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no disorderly conduct

So, your original charge was disorderly conduct?

Why were you arrested and charged, what did take place that prompted the arrest?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my exgirl friend as me to take her to work in my car...along the way she told me she had cheated...we started to argue and she wanted out of the car while the car was moving and said no.....wait until later so we got to her job parking lot I pulled over and she tired to jump out of car.........the doors wouldn't unlock right away..finally they work and she got and I did also...they she started to act crazy and I thought she was going to run into traffic so I said come her and she started to run around the car.....I went after her and the police was arrived............I was arrested for disorderly conduct....completed 18months probation successfully......moved from Milwaukee,wi to south where I started my life over......I had hard time finding job until one employer said I had serious charge of dv-battery....... when the final disposition read disorderly conduct

Unfortunately, I am afraid you would need to hire an experienced local criminal law attorney in Milwaukee to review your entire criminal case record to determine whether the conviction is being reported incorrectly.

I wish opt-out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, a different expert here.

It sounds like you need to request the WI department of justice to correct an error in your record so that it shows you have a "disorderly conduct" conviction and not a conviction for domestic violence. An attorney could help, but you may be able to do this yourself.

Click here to read about correcting your record. Click here to get the instructions on getting your criminal record corrected.

I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond. Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.

Best wishes to you,
Shuband